Galapagos Island Hopping
When planning a trip to the Galapagos Islands you will have to choose between a cruise or and Island Hopping program, both have their pros and cons but on this post we will concentrate on the second option:
Island Hopping in Galapagos allows visitors who prefer not to take a cruise to visit different islands on the Galapagos Archipell. these programs are intended for visitors that are looking for and option where you don’t have to be on board of a ship the complete journey, instead you will be on board of a speed boat for a maximum of two hours per way to reach the island to be visited and you will stay in a hotel on Puerto Ayora or San Cristobal (headquarters for the programs). Within this option you will be able to choose among different classes of hotels depending on the visitor budget.
With Island Hopping you can enjoy the highlights of (San Cristóbal, Isabela, Floreana, Santa Cruz, Bartolome, South Plazas and Bartolome islands)
Pros of an Island hopping program:
– Less chances of getting seasickness
– More flexibility on the programs
– The comfort of staying on a hotel.
– Good alternative for families with children
Cons of an Island hopping program:
– Not all the islands on the Galapagos can be reached with island hopping programs; especially the further visit sites on the islands are reserved for cruises.
– Islands to be visited are inhabited or close to inhabited islands
– More transit time
– Bumpy transfers to islands
Galapagos is a unique place on earth and whether you choose to cruise on the islands or prefer to do island hopping; chances are that your journeys will a memorable one. The islands have that magical effect on visitor that makes them want to come back.